It is always a good idea to back up the user settings and network information on all ultrasound systems in your hospital. This will help improve up-time and make it easier for you to return the system to the user in the same working order that it had been in before the mishap.
- To back up the presets on an iU22/iE33 system, first select the setup key along the top of the QWERTY keyboard. The QWERTY keyboard slides out from under the main user interface.
- Select Service along the left hand side of the monitor.
- After the new screen opens, select Backup Restore.
- Check all of the settings you would like to back up.
- Select the backup location and press the backup button using the left kidney key.
- The system will list the settings being backed up and if they have backed up successfully. Once the backup is finished it will say, “The backup is now complete.” At this point, the disk can be ejected.
- With Windows-based systems, it is always a good idea to write down or print out the System Network Settings. These settings can be found by going to Setup -> Print/Network -> Global Config -> System.
- Always label the disk with the system location, serial number, software level and date.
Note: This does not backup the system options; that can only be done in Tech Admin.