Philips iU22/iE33 systems will from time to time develop corrupt files in the patient database. This can cause continued corruption or even full system failures. There is however an easy solution for clearing the corruption from the system, allowing the technician to continue using the system within 10 minutes.
1. Before beginning this process, ensure with the technician that as many studies and images as possible have been backed-up to PACS or disk. After the process is complete the patient files will be permanently deleted.
2. With the system booted to imaging, pull out the alphanumeric keyboard and press select from the top row.
3. When the Setups menu appears on the main display, select Print/Network from the left-hand menu and then select Global Config. from the top taps.
4. Select the HD Maintenance box from the top row of the Global Config page and then select the Reset Patient Database box. A pop-up message box will appear on the screen asking if you are sure you would like to proceed. Select Yes to proceed.
5. The system will then reboot and delete all of the files from the patient database during the boot up process.