Trisonics is being recognized as an innovator within the industry and increasing their workforce throughout the commonwealth as part of the third annual Governor’s ImPAct Awards. Awards will be presented at a ceremony at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA on May 21, 2015.
“We are honored to be recognized as one of the finalist for the Small Business Impact Award,” said Trisonics’ president Stuart Latimer. “Trisonics is proud to have contributed to the economic growth in our community for the past 11 years, and are committed to continuing that growth into the future."
Trisonics was nominated for the ImPAct Awards because of their consistent revenue/profit growth, commitment to expanding workforce, and participation in several community outreach activities. This past year was an especially successful time for Trisonics as they increased company growth by 26% and added 10 new full-time members to their talented team. Additionally, they entered into an exclusive, authorized distributorship with GE Healthcare to offer some of GE’s most widely accepted ultrasound systems to those customers in the OB/GYN and Urology markets of Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. With these exciting, new opportunities and a continuously rapid growth rate, Trisonics was also recently able to purchase a 24,000 sq. ft. office building in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania which they hope to open for operation this coming fall.
The Governor’s ImPAct Awards recognizes companies from throughout the state in five categories: Community Impact, Entrepreneurial Impact, Export Impact, Jobs That Pay, and Small Business Impact. Trisonics was nominated for the Small Business ImPAct Award.
- Community ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that exemplifies the tenet of "doing well by doing good." The winners in this category show a sustained commitment to the growth and development of their employees and the community(ies) in which they do business.
- Entrepreneur ImPAct Award - This award is given to an entrepreneur who has led his or her company to a position of strength in the marketplace by way of growth in one or all of the following areas: creativity, innovation, managerial ability, leadership skills, and turnaround.
- Export ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that has significantly increased its export sales and the number of new foreign markets to which it sells
- Jobs That Pay ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that has demonstrated consistent job growth and retention over the past two years. The company must have had a positive net gain in new jobs during this time period.
- Small Business ImPAct Award - This award is given to a small business that has been an innovator within its industry, demonstrated revenue/profit growth, increased its workforce, and committed to the growth and development of its employees and community. The company must have 100 or fewer employees.
Trisonics was nominated for the award by the Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP) network. Each of the 10 PREP regions submitted up to five nominations per category.
PREP is a statewide network of partners that works to regionalize and coordinate local economic development services to businesses and entrepreneurs.
Representatives from the Team Pennsylvania Foundation and Journal Multimedia evaluated the nominations and will select the award recipients.
For more information and the full list of nominees, visit newpa.com/gia.